Domestic Homicide Review Training
This course is for Community Safety Partnership practitioners from any agency who will be taking part in Domestic Homicide Reviews.
The course is based on the Multi-Agency Statutory Guidance for the conduct of Domestic Homicide Reviews which was established under Section 9 (3) of the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004.When a domestic homicide occurs, the relevant police force should inform the relevant community safety partnership (CSP) in writing of the incident.
The community safety partnership (CSP) has the overall responsibility for setting up reviews.
Course duration: 1 day.
This practical one day course will provide delegates with the essential skills and knowledge to manage undertake and participate in domestic violence homicide reviews.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- fully understand the Domestic homicide review processes
- understand their individual role and responsibilities within the review process
- understand the importance of sharing best practice and lessons learned locally
- demonstrate knowledge of the review process
Who should attend
Suitable for all community safety partnership practitioners, supervisors and line managers who have a community safety partnership responsibility for domestic violence homicide reviews.
This course covers the following:
- Background to Domestic Homicide
- About domestic homicide reviews
- Setting up a review - responsibilities of community safety partnerships
- Deciding whether a review should take place
- Setting up a panel to conduct the review
- Relevant agencies
- Appointing a Chair to the review
- Time-scales for conducting domestic homicide reviews, involvement of friends, family and other support networks in the review
- Actions when involving friends, family and other support agencies in the review
- Individual management reviews (IMR)
- Review panel action on receiving an overview report
- Community safety partnership action on receiving the overview report
- Learning lessons and good practice
- Quality assurance
Chaucer Forbes LLP is an established part of the Safety Net Associates Group who are recognised as one of the leading crime and criminal justice education consultants in the UK.
The experienced team at Chaucer Forbes LLP have recently completed a series of serious case reviews on behalf of UK Government departments with multi agencies across the UK relating to failures around crime and justice and will bring this expertise to this training programme.
This one day training course can be delivered "in house" to your organisation network or partnership at the rate of just £995 per day (maximum of 30 delegates per day).
£995.00 is the total price per event.
To find out more about "in house" training with the CSP Academy please click here
To book this course now click the book online button below.
To discuss this course further please contact us on 0845 299 7144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chaucer Forbes LLP also offer a range of support services for CSP's responsible for Domestic Homicide Reviews these include:
Consultancy support required at any point of the review process
- We can send leading national experts to assist from planning, implementation or running a live review.
Conducting the reviews
- You may have considered as a lead agency to completely commission the reviews for transparency, independence, and cost reasons bearing in mind these will be infrequent for most CSP's
|For no commitment, confidential discussion about any of the services offered by Chaucer Forbes LLP please do not hesitate to contact them at email@example.com, or visit www.chaucerforbes.co.uk/SeriousCaseReviews.htm